Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Couple Budget Beauty Favorites: Essence XXXL Nudes & Wet n Wild Singles

Ahhh, my last weekend before I start my second semester of college.  So I'm trying to get a few entries in on this blog so who knows when I'll have time to update again.  Just wanted to mention a couple affordable beauty choices!! 

First is Essence XXXL Nudes lip glosses, there's 4 shades and I have two of them: 01 Pure Beauty, a pale slightly pink nude; and 02 Light Candy, a light peach.  These both have little silver specks in 'em, pretty!!  It's not chunky glitter or gritty at all.  Looks so nice in the tube, and you don't really see the shimmer on your lips.  They have an articial sweet caramel-ish scent, different from the regular XXXL Shines which have an articial berry candy scent, which reminds me of the blue Jolly Ranchers.  At first I thought the Nudes smelled kind of weird but it grew on me and I like it.  Just something to mention in case you can't stand those fake sweet scents.  These won't do much as far as actually making your lips a nude color, but it usually takes more than a gloss, no matter how opaque, for a good nude lip.  Besides, pale glosss tend to look kinda gross on their own in my opinion.  These are nice if you wanna layer 'em over nude lipsticks or something.  Available at ULTA.





Next up is Wet n Wild's single eyeshadows.  Wet n Wild has really stepped up their game.  I think I've tried all the single eyeshadows but I'm just gonna display a couple neutral ones.  And a little side note, I've heard Kitten (the purple shade) is a dupe for Strada by NARS.  I always thought Strada seemed pretty but I'd read reviews that nobody could get the gold glitter to show up.  I might try Kitten with MAC's reflects gold on adhered on top to get the effect I want?  But I digressssss.  The ones Imma show you are Brule (a matte cream) and Nutty (a kinda frosty browny taupe).  I'm sure you've already heard people rave about these.  They are soft and pigmented and lovely!  Sometimes I just put on MAC's Soft Ochre and Brule on top for a no-eyeshadow clean eyelid look.  This is honestly a really nice matte imo, could come in handy for blending out smoking looks.  Nutty is nice taupe-y color, I think a lot of people would love this color.  Well, I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment